2018年11月22日木曜日

BR2-05 The wizard of oz


"From the country of Oz, but I'm home again now - and I'm so happy!!" (P.41)

     Today I am going to introduce " The wizard of Oz". I think this story is famous in Japan. Now, I will tell you about the story.
     In Kansas, USA, there are no witches. But there are cyclones, an one day a cyclone blows Dorothy's house, with Dorothy and her dog Toto in it, to a country called Oz. And in Oz there are four witches, and a very famous wizard - the wizard of Oz. Dorothy wants to go home to Kansas, but she doesn't know how to get there. She needs help. "Go to the Emerald City," the Witch of the North tells her, " and ask the Wizard of Oz to help you." Then Dorothy meets the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion, but they need help too. So they all take the yellow brick road to the Emerald City. But what are they going to find there? Who - or what - is the famous Wizard of Oz?
     I read this story many times when I was a child. But I found some different point in English story and Japanese story. I don't tell that because I want you to find that by reading this book. This book was used easy English words, so I didn't take much time. If you have time, please read this book!


Carroll, Lewis(2009). The Wizard of Oz. Compass classic readers

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Hollywood

" Hollywood is built on a long and truly wonderful story of famous actors, directors, and film studios and it is not going to stop an...